Visa Requirements for Nigerian Applicants
Embassy of Ukraine in Nigeria deals with Benin, Democratic Republic of Congo (Kinshasa), Togo, Liberia as well.
Applicants must submit following documents along with Original Invitation letter from a university in Ukraine issued through, “Steve Consults Incorporated”
The submission of documents for student visas is starting at the Embassy on May 15. (Visa issued will be valid from 15thof August)
- Passport with an expiry date of at least 6 months following the end of visa validity and at least 3 blank pages and photocopy of the first page of the passport.
- Visa application form, printed or written in block letters. It must be filled in carefully, clearly and precisely and signed personally by the applicant. It is free of charge to download an electronic version from this website or to obtain a paper version at the Embassy. (Application for Ukraine entry and transit visa)
- Two recent color pictures against the white background (30x40mm).
- Original of birth certificate and a copy legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of issuing country.
- Original invitation and its photocopy. When you receive an invitation make, sure there are no mistakes and typos: your name, date of birth, passport number should be identical to those indicated in your passport you submit for the visa.
- Original of a school-leaving certificate of secondary school (college) record with enclosed statement of results (transcript of marks received) and their copies legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of issuing country. Embassy translates the document into Ukrainian and legalizes.
Medical certificate of general fitness legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of issuing country. A medical certificate is valid for TWO MONTHS, which means an applicant has to enroll to his/her institution within two months since the medical certificate was issued. Embassy translates the document into Ukrainian and legalizes.
- Results of HIV/AIDS test legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of issuing country. Embassy translates the document into Ukrainian and legalizes.
- Ticket reservation for Ukraine with an open return date.
- Original of a sponsorship letter (attested by a notary) in a form of a court affidavit, which must include a full name of a sponsor, his/her address, landline and mobile telephone number, e-mail (if any), and obligation of a sponsor to cover expenses of an applicant.
- Original of recent bank statements of a sponsor (for the past six months and should be personal not a company account); minimum amount should be sufficient to cover all applicant’s expenses during his/her first year in Ukraine (tuition fees and daily expenses).
- Receipt of payment of visa fees (85 USD).
- The insurance policy valid for the period of one month starting while entering the territory of Ukraine.
The Consular Section of the Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of Nigeria
Chief: Kononuchenko Maksym
Address: Plot 894, Olu Awotesu street, Jabi District, Abuja (off Mr.Biggs). View on map
Phone: +234 8091155339
Email: [email protected]
Monday – Friday
From 09:00 to 16:00
From 12:00 to 13:00 Lunch Break
Queries by phone: +234 8091155339 daily from 11:00 to 12:00
Boundaries of the consular district:
Nigeria, Benin, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Sao Tome and Principe, Sierra Leone, Togo.